When the gang gathers at your house to watch the game, heeding three hints on how to throw a terrific party can help you really score compliments:
- Figure not everyone has an equal interest in the actual game itself. Consider setting up a second party room, maybe even with another TV.
- Set up soft drinks, water and fruit juices as well as beer.
- Go for the traditional but with a twist. Serve chicken wings that just about everyone can enjoy, such as these:
Gluten-Free Crispy BBQ Chicken Wings
- Two 4.5-oz. bags Crunchmaster Sea Salt Multi-Grain Crackers.
- One cup gluten-free barbecue sauce—use divided.
- Half a cup of honey—use divided.
- Four lbs. chicken wing drumettes.
- Pour ¾ cup of the barbecue sauce and ¼ cup of the honey in a large plastic storage bag and mix.
- Add the chicken wings, close the bag and toss several times to coat the wings with the sauce.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Spray two baking sheets with gluten-free, nonstick cooking spray.
- Grind the Crunchmaster Sea Salt Multi-Grain Crackers in a food processor or blender to fine crumbs and pour onto a dinner plate.
- Remove a chicken wing from the marinade, roll in the cracker crumbs to coat and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining chicken wings.
- Discard the marinade.
- Spray the tops of the wings lightly with gluten-free, nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 25−30 minutes or until browned and cooked thoroughly (registering 165° F on an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the wing).
- Combine the remaining ¼ cup barbecue sauce with the remaining ¼ cup honey and serve with the wings for dipping.
This makes about 30 wings.
You can use other Crunchmaster crackers for dipping and for hors d’oeuvres. Varieties include Multi-Seed Crackers, Multi-Grain Crackers, Multi-Grain Crisps, 7 Ancient Grains Crackers, and Popped Edamame Chips.
Crafted to fit a mindful, modern life-style, they’re full-flavored snacks, oven baked, and varieties are made with brown rice, quinoa, flax, corn, amaranth, millet, sunflower, chickpea and edamame.
They’re certified gluten-free and kosher, with no artificial colors or flavors. Many are also non-GMO Project Verified, 100 percent whole grain, low in sugar, and free of saturated and trans fats.
You can find an online store locator at www.crunchmaster.com. The site also features recipes, exclusive coupons, and product information.
Enjoy the game and the chicken!